You are not logged in.

larski

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 5:19pm

Convert 3/4 Inlet to 1/2 for Spray Head

I have a rotary head that I currently have turned off, because the area gets plenty of shade and rain watering. The head happens to be right next to some landscaping that needs water, so I would like to put a spray head on it. What is the best way to convert it from a 3/4" rotary inlet to a 1/2" inlet for a spray head?

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 8:09am

Assuming you have a 3/4" threaded connector, you can use a 3/4" to 1/2" threaded reducing bushing . Then standard nipple and head.

larski

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 8:27am

I should have mentioned that my rotary head is a Rainbird 5000 series, so it has a 3/4" female inlet. So, I would need the opposite of the bushing mentioned above, right? I think I actually need something that converts from a 3/4" male to 1/2" male. I believe all the Rainbird spray heads use 1/2" from what I can tell.

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 8:52am

Screw the reducing bushing into your 3/4" FPT connection. This gives you a 1/2" FPT connection. Then use a 1/2" nipple from THIS PAGE to connect from the bushing to the bottom of your new spray head.

grey

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 8:18pm

Is it just one head on a zone? Keep in mind that spray heads have higher precipitation rates. Adjust accordingly.

Rate this thread