You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

larski

Tuesday, May 8th 2012, 5:19pm

Convert 3/4 Inlet to 1/2 for Spray Head

I have a rotary head that I currently have turned off, because the area gets plenty of shade and rain watering. The head happens to be right next to some landscaping that needs water, so I would like to put a spray head on it. What is the best way to convert it from a 3/4" rotary inlet to a 1/2" inlet for a spray head?

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 8:09am

Assuming you have a 3/4" threaded connector, you can use a 3/4" to 1/2" threaded reducing bushing . Then standard nipple and head.

larski

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 8:27am

I should have mentioned that my rotary head is a Rainbird 5000 series, so it has a 3/4" female inlet. So, I would need the opposite of the bushing mentioned above, right? I think I actually need something that converts from a 3/4" male to 1/2" male. I believe all the Rainbird spray heads use 1/2" from what I can tell.

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 8:52am

Screw the reducing bushing into your 3/4" FPT connection. This gives you a 1/2" FPT connection. Then use a 1/2" nipple from THIS PAGE to connect from the bushing to the bottom of your new spray head.

grey

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 9th 2012, 8:18pm

Is it just one head on a zone? Keep in mind that spray heads have higher precipitation rates. Adjust accordingly.

Rate this thread