You are not logged in.

HDClown

Saturday, January 3rd 2004, 1:01pm

Revamping control system

I'm looking to update my control/valve system (if possible). The controller is a K-Rain Hydrotek 2114. It seems very bassic in that it simply cycles on/off on given days at given times. For every time I manually cycle it on/off it goes through 1 of 6 zones. When I want to run certain zones only, or test certain zones, I can't do it (or I havn't figured out how).

Below pictures of the valves. My sprinklers runs off city water and there appears to be no pump. There is a shutoff in the picture and a shutoff in a valve box in my front yard. I guess the system is just working on the cities pressurized water??

The piece with the wires coming out of it is a Hunter unit. The heads used throughout the system were Hunter PGPs and Rainbird sprays. I don't know teh systems original install date but it seems tobe fairly old.

In any event, I want to revamp this as possible to give me a little more zone control and be more up to par with a modern system. Please advise! I'm looking for something I could ideally do myself, or that would not cost me a lot of money if I had to pay someone. It's not worth a huge incurred cost to me since it does work, just not with much control.

PS, is that GREEN thing to the right of the valve part of the sprinkler system or my gas line?

mrwettech

Advanced Member

Wednesday, March 24th 2004, 12:56pm

Is this still an open question? I might be able to help with a little in-put if you are still considering changes. If you are mechanically inclined and have a day or so to spend on the project it should/would not be that difficult.

Rate this thread