You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Zxdrew

Monday, June 4th 2012, 11:07pm

New Old House - Hunter System - 2nd Round

I've got a Hunter SRC 900i. I can not get the system to turn on. Right before we moved into the house we had the fuse panel moved from inside the master closet to outside wall. Now the sprinkler system won't work. The only other electrical work done was gfci were installed in the garage and kitchen. Currently the box receives the right amount of power and has the right amount of water pressure. The system briefly sends the solenoids the correct 24v needed to kick them open, however none of them will actually turn a section on. Also one of the sprinklers in the yard is barely leaking. I replaced the head but the new head continues to leak. I turned the solenoid responsible for the value on then off but the slight leaking continues.

Before I call "the guy" I want to know if there is anything at all I can test or if y'all have any ideas of what can be wrong?

I'm going to try to replace a solenoid to see if they have all been burnt out somehow.

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 3:43am

Is there water to the system? Try turning on one of the valves manually at the valve. Turn the solenoid counter clockwise.
If not find the shut off valve and turn it back on.
----
If you have a master valve that could be the problem.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 8:33am

"The system briefly sends the solenoids the correct 24..." Should be constant. Does it not stay on?
" one of the sprinklers in the yard is barely leaking" How long does it leak? Is it at the bottom of a slope? If so, could be line seepage, which is normal until the zone empties. Need head with check valve.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 9:32am

Consider the possibility of a wiring fault

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 6:52pm

It could be that there was a rain sensor that has been inadvertently abandoned in the move.

This wire if cut or abandoned will kill the system.

Good Luck
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

It may be a good time to call the guy.
:thumbup: :thumbsup: