You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

howserss

Thursday, June 7th 2012, 8:52pm

valve size

I just got a sprinkler design from rainbird. I have 15 GPM @ 50 PSI. They specified 3/4 inch valves. Would it be ok to switch to 1 inch valves? It has a 1 inch main sch 40 line going to a 1 inch class 200 zone line.

Friday, June 8th 2012, 8:05am

Sure. No problem at all.

howserss

Friday, June 8th 2012, 11:33am

valve size

The pressures I need are 45 for rotors and 30 for sprayers. I have a pretty small yard ,I wont have any pressure/flow probloems will I with the 1 inch valves. I will keep all zones to the correct pressure/flow level.
I am looking at this valve "Rain Bird 100-PGA 1 in.
FPT Valve with Flow Control" would that be the best for a small residential valve. The PEB seems a little expensive 3 times the price. This is on a well/pump system.
The price difference in 6 valves would be 6*16 = $96 or 6*57 = $342 so $250. Would it be worth it?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, June 8th 2012, 12:44pm

On a well system, you first want to clean the water with a good strainer, after which you could use any good valve

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, June 8th 2012, 2:28pm

Rainbird gets good reviews from the pros here. You certainly don't need the expensive valves as long as you get the good strainer as mentioned above. $15 to $20 is fine.

Rate this thread