You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jne7043

Starting Member

Monday, June 11th 2012, 11:33am

No idea how to use our sprinkler system!

We moved into a new house 6 months ago. A few months ago my husband noticed a few sprinkler heads in the ground while mowing. Just this weekend I remembered this and located the control box in our garage. The box was unplugged from the wall. I read the manual and then this morning I set the correct time, date, set up a schedule for the different zones, etc. I then tried to manually run the zones/stations and I'm getting nothing. I switched the rain sensor to bypass b/c it is raining today and I have no idea if there really is a sensor anyways. Still nothing. We are DIYers and would love to have this system working. We have never had an irrigation system before so we don't know where to start. Could someone point me in the right direction of what to start checking to see if this system is completely hooked up? I imagine it may have been years since the system was working, but I can't imagine someone would go to the trouble of having the box and sprinklers installed and not have the whole system working at some point. Thanks!

Monday, June 11th 2012, 2:11pm

Since you have the manual we'll assume the settings are correct.
That doesn't mean the controller is working. What make/model?
Do you know where the valves are located in the yard?
Make sure your water to the system is on. It might be turned off at the backflow, might have a cut off valve/ball valve in line somewhere.

Finding the valves in the yard will open up a number of trouble shooting options.
At some point you are going to need to know where they are, might as well start now.

Let us know what you find.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, June 11th 2012, 5:33pm

I didn't read anything about you turning on any water!