You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 7:45am

Replacement for Weathermatic Smartline Weatherstation

Can anyone recommend a better, more reliable replacement for the Weathermatic Smartline SLW15 weather station? Mine constantly looses contact with the controller, and it records erroneous temperatures. It's been replaced once.

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 8:16am

Once sensors get past the simple rain/freeze sensor level they tend to get brand specific.
I don't know that you'll find another brand that works with your controller.

Have you verified it is the sensor and not a problem in the controller?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 10:01am

If there is any amount of masonry or steel in the line between sensor and receiver, the operation of wireless accessories will be greatly impaired.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 8:58pm

Batteries been replaced recently?

Friday, June 15th 2012, 11:06am

Distance ~49' through one brick veneer wall (no steel), batteries replaced, constantly reads 10-15 degrees high mounted on top of wood stockade fence, loses connection weekly.

Cloudburst

Unregistered

Sunday, June 17th 2012, 10:56am

SLW15

8| When you install the wireless hub into the controller, make sure the antenna wire is hanging out below the controller, The weathermatic tech I called and talked to, told me this info and It worked for me. I had a slw15 that was 10 feet away, and would not even connect

Tuesday, June 19th 2012, 6:48am

My antenna wire isn't long enough to protrude outside the case, and it has a thick, black covering over the last 2.5" of the wire.

motivated1

Monday, July 16th 2012, 9:03pm

W/m

Sounds like someone stepped into another W/m turd! With that unit first, you will be checking the battery every 6 months. The lithiumn battery does not hold up good to hot, even worse with extreme cold. If possable replace with the wired SlW-1 It has been a much more reliable unit. ;)
Give a man a gun, he'll rob a bank. Give a man a bank, he'll rob a country.