You are not logged in.

Lisa

Starting Member

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 7:15pm

Spring turn on-no water!?!

Well, I finally got around to turning on our irrigation system this week. Sort of. Last year we had a professional come and turn it on and after watching him, I decided to give it a try myself. I have read about it, watched youtube videos and been here. I was ready. So, I turned on the water (in a meter pit in our yard). I turned the valves on the backflow device, turned the pitcocks and . . . nothing.The box is plugged in and turned on. The water isn't getting to the backflow device.

What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for you help!!

Friday, June 15th 2012, 8:52am

You turned on the main line, opened the valves in the backflow, still no water to the backflow?
Could you have a master valve before the backflow?
Another ball valve/cut off in the main line?

To check for master valve, open your controller. It might be as simple as having a wire going to a connection labeled MV or PUMP or even PUMP/MV. If so, you have one. It may not be working.

If not sure, you should have one common, usually white, and 1 wire for each zone. If you have zones +1 wire you may have a master valve. In other words, if you have 7 zones but 8 control wires, what does the other one go to? Possibly master valve.

Rate this thread