You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Lisa

Starting Member

Thursday, June 14th 2012, 7:15pm

Spring turn on-no water!?!

Well, I finally got around to turning on our irrigation system this week. Sort of. Last year we had a professional come and turn it on and after watching him, I decided to give it a try myself. I have read about it, watched youtube videos and been here. I was ready. So, I turned on the water (in a meter pit in our yard). I turned the valves on the backflow device, turned the pitcocks and . . . nothing.The box is plugged in and turned on. The water isn't getting to the backflow device.

What am I missing?

Thank you in advance for you help!!

Friday, June 15th 2012, 8:52am

You turned on the main line, opened the valves in the backflow, still no water to the backflow?
Could you have a master valve before the backflow?
Another ball valve/cut off in the main line?

To check for master valve, open your controller. It might be as simple as having a wire going to a connection labeled MV or PUMP or even PUMP/MV. If so, you have one. It may not be working.

If not sure, you should have one common, usually white, and 1 wire for each zone. If you have zones +1 wire you may have a master valve. In other words, if you have 7 zones but 8 control wires, what does the other one go to? Possibly master valve.

Rate this thread