You are not logged in.

volley13

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 11:29am

"Slow" and Low Sprinkler Pressure

Hello,

My home has 5 zones total: 3 in the front and 2 in the back. Recently, I've noticed that when zone 1, (which has appx 5 heads) comes on, it's taking about 60-90 seconds before all of heads pop up. The pressure is initially low but slowly builds to its normal flow (takes about another 30-45 seconds), and works normal for its alloted time. The remaining front zones come on and work fine. I'm wondering if there's a part in that valve that may be worn.

Any input is appreciated...tks.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 12:08pm

Is the zone downhill? You could lose the water in that zone at the lowest head and it then needs to fill up first before water comes out the heads.

volley13

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 12:30pm

No, this zone, like all of the others is flat...tks.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, June 21st 2012, 2:35pm

You can always remove valve guts and flush well.

volley13

Monday, June 25th 2012, 10:47am

Slow and Low

I suppose, but I think there may be more to it than just flushing out the valve. I noticed that if I turn that zone on manually, all heads pop up immediately, and the sprinklers work fine...so, there's something else going on with that valve.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Monday, June 25th 2012, 3:51pm

Since the sprinklers work, no real problem as long as you have no leaks.

Just make sure no leaks. If you have a water meter make sure no water if flowing through it with all water in the house off.

mrfixit

Monday, June 25th 2012, 8:28pm

Changing the diaphragm on most valves will cure your symptoms. With some valves you're better off replacing the whole valve rather than repairing it.. What's the make and model of the valve?

Rate this thread