You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Leslie72

Unregistered

Thursday, June 28th 2012, 9:17pm

Head doesn't pop up

I have 5 zones and all work well in the past. The 5th zone has 5 spray heads, and 4 of the 5 pop up about only 1/3 and 1 doesn't pop up at all, and water is coming out very weak. If I pull the 1 up, all 5 will just pop up and start spraying perfectly.
When I try to pull the head up, I feel the pipe or water is sucking the head back. So I just pull it out for about 2 seconds then it will just stand there and spray without problem.
Does anyone know how I could fix this issue?

Friday, June 29th 2012, 8:18am

Can't figure what would cause a vacuum under a spray head.
I think that, for lack of a better idea, I'd swap that head with another one and see if the problem follows the head. If not you have a piping problem. Shovel time.

mrfixit

Friday, June 29th 2012, 9:56am

It could be just bad seals on the sprinklers?

Maybe the valve isn't coming on all the way? Try opening the valve with the bleeder screw. Fiddle with the flow control while you're there.

Could be a leak in the line.

leslie72

Unregistered

Friday, June 29th 2012, 12:09pm

Just tried turn the 5th zone on manually again and again, it usually costs about 10-20 seconds to fully pop up. 15-20seconds is really long when you just watch and wait :wacko: .
Thanks anyway, the problem seems just went away.

Rate this thread