You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 1st 2012, 11:52pm

Irrigation Pump Exceeds 60 PSI and Commences Cycling

I have one zone that has just started to act up. There are five Rainbird 42SA spray heads on the zone. All six zones have worked trouble free for the last several years. In the last few days this particular zone has been over pressuring causing the pump to cycle off as the pressure exceeds 60 PSI. As the pressure drops the pump cycles on. This zone has in the past maintained a steady operating pressure of 45 PSI. When the other zones turn on they operate at a steady 40-45 PSI. Where do I begin my troubleshooting at the zone valve (solenoid,valve diaphram)? Help!!! ?(

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 8:34am

Do the sprays work even though pressure high?
All spraying evenly?
Wondering if there is debris in the line or the valve failing.
Cleaning/rebuilding the valve is easy. Worth opening and taking a look.
Make sure no debris in valve.
Or you could remove all heads, turn on system and see if debris blows out.
Should have 5 really nice fountains. If not, pipe clogged.

Monday, July 2nd 2012, 2:23pm

Irrigation Pump Exceeds 60 PSI and Commences Cycling

The Rainbird 42SA spray heads all come up at the same time and commence an even spray pattern but once pressure exceeds 60 PSI the pattern weakens until the pressure builds. Once cycling starts I turn off the manually selected zone from the controller. I will proceed to inspect the zone valve. Could the solenoid be a problem?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 3rd 2012, 7:57am

you might have a pipe partially choked off by a tree root

Rate this thread