You are not logged in.

bbishop

Saturday, January 17th 2004, 11:07am

leaky controller?

I've got a Watermaster 57223 backflow controller, that apparently is letting water leak through. The lowest sprinkler head on the line is constantly leaking, and I can hear a hiss in the controller (even when I turn the control handle all the way off.) Does this require me to replace the entire controller or do I just change somethign with wiring or selenoid (or whatever it's called!)

Bruce

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, January 17th 2004, 5:40pm

i dont understand what you mean by the "controller is leaking" you mean the valves?

they are in the ground
green box?

Please let me know so i can futhur assist you!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

bbishop

Tuesday, January 20th 2004, 7:01am

Actually, they are above ground, but yes, it's the backflow controller, that is wired to the timer. One of them is allowing a constant stream of water to flow from the source pipe into the sprinkler line. The lowest sprinkler head is leaking water, and I can hear a hissing in the backflow control.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 20th 2004, 9:25am

You are referring to an anti siphon valve that is leaking.
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, January 23rd 2004, 2:52pm

if it is an antisiphon valve that is leaking then i suggest that you open up the valve, remove the "guts" and check it out...its possible the diaphram (rubber part is ripped) or there is a foreign object in the valve preventing it from closing all the way....open it up and give it a good clean out!
Thanks
Ray

nestors

Advanced Member

Friday, March 12th 2004, 11:44am

You can install a master valve before it which will stop the flow of water to it when the sprinklers are not in use .

Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Georgia 770-410-9356

WWW.GeorgiaLighting.net
Vincent Nestor
Nestor's Sprinklers & Lighting
Alpharetta,Ga.30022

vpn1@bellsouth.net

www.NestorsLandScape.com
www.GeorgiaLighting.net

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 27th 2004, 11:32am

INstalling a master valve is not the correct way to solve this. I would clean out the valve or replace it.
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread