You are not logged in.

North Florida

Unregistered

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 7:57pm

leak near my well

have a hunter pro c controller (don't know if that means anything) - anyway, there are 2 zones - backyard works fine - front yard all sprinklers are running on low pressure. I noticed water under my well house & saw that when the front yard sprinklers are on, water is coming up out of a hole in the corner of my well house. It only does it when the front yard sprinklers are on & there are no other pressure issues in the house so I'm assuming there is a leaking pvc pipe that has something to do with the front yard sprinklers. When I started to dig up the area - I was hoping it would be simple - dig at hole, find leak - cut out that part of pvc glue in new part & done -- I noticed that there are 2 lines -- a "big" one (I'm guessing 3/4 inch and behind it & slightly deeper, a smaller line (3/8 maybe) -- anybody know what I need to do to fix it?

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 8:24am

If it only leaks when the front zone is on then the leak is after the valve. If it were before the valve it would always leak when the pump runs.
First step is find the valve, start tracking pipe to leak.

North Florida

Unregistered

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 8:53am

So in theory, if I fix the leak in the pipe (I'm assuming it's where I see water coming up by my well) - the pressure in the front sprinklers will return to normal?

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 10:07am

Way, way too many variables.
Might fix it, might just point to the next problem down the line.

North Florida

Unregistered

Thursday, July 26th 2012, 11:39am

Cool - thanks - I'll keep you posted if/when the next problem is found

Rate this thread