You are not logged in.

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 7:28pm

Thanks. I went probing around today but came up empty. I did find the water valve for the line in from the street that had been covered over.

Here's a photo of the house from the street. The pipe comes out from the side of the house and then at some point goes under the driveway to the front yard. There's a telecom line that runs along near the sidewalk and that's making finding things a little more challenging.

I found the receipt from when the previous homeowner had the sprinkler system installed. It was 05/11/01. I emailed the installer asking if by chance they might have a diagram in their records that I could get a copy of. I use them when I winterize my system so maybe I'll get lucky. We'll see. But this blind poking in the ground isn't getting me anywhere. :(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 29th 2012, 8:48pm

think of the aerating you're giving the lawn :D

Monday, July 30th 2012, 8:40am

Valve locator might be your best answer.
Not as much exercise.

Monday, July 30th 2012, 11:51am

I tried emailing the company that installed the sprinkler system but they do not have a diagram of the layout. To find valves they use the electronic valve locator and charge $60/hr plus materials. Ugh, not sure I'm ready to give up the search yet at that price.

Could it be logical to locate the valve by turning on the zone and trying to spot which sprinkler head pops up first and starts spitting air/water? That should tell me where the line is coming in from and would give me a reasonable area to start probing the lawn.

Monday, July 30th 2012, 12:12pm

You can rent your own locator. Easy to use.
Valve location can be anywhere.
Near house running to zone far away. (house==valve =====head====head====head)
On one end or other of zone. (house ========head====head====head====valve===head)
Or in middle of zone.
head====head====head
II
valve
II
head====head===head

Rate this thread