You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SonjaNE

Starting Member

Monday, July 30th 2012, 9:35pm

Puzzling Issue

We have a puzzling issue that hopefully you will be able to help us with. I don't know what information will be relevant to the solution, so I'll supply everything I can think of.

We live on 1 acre and have a 12 zone system around the house. Our water comes from a well, supplied by a Grundfos Constant Pressure system (ie it only pumps fast enough to keep up with the pressure demand).

The valves in each zone are K-Rain Pro Series 100 valves, which are supposed to be good for systems fed by well water. The heads are all K-Rain RPS 50 rotors and we have 4 - 6 heads per zone.

The system is about 3 years old.

We have 4 zones out of 12 that have issues, and the issues are broken into two groups. All of our other zones work ok. The zones with issues are split among 3 different manifold boxes and the other zones in those boxes seem to work fine.

Issue 1 - (two zones with this issue) I manually turn on the zone (by loosening the solenoid) and water sort of leaks out of the heads, but certainly not enough pressure to raise them, no matter how long I wait.

Then I turn it off, turn it on again and poof it works perfectly throwing water 20 - 30 feet.

Issue 2 - (two zones with this issue)I manually turn on the zone and it pops up like it is going to work for about 10 - 20 seconds, throwing water about 3 feet out from the heads, then all the heads slowly sink back into the ground and just leak water. I turn it off, turn it back on and the same thing happens... pops up for a few seconds, then drops back down.

I replaced the diaphragm in all of the valves I had trouble with and I'm still having the same trouble.

Rate this thread