You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

the_victors

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:42am

new house with sprinkler system

I recently bought a house that has an in ground sprinkler system. The only problem is I dont have any experience with these systems, and I can't figure out how to get it to work. I found the valve that comes off of my pump, and I turned that on... I also found another valve outside. It says something about pressure valve on it... there are 2 valves on that. I turned my panel to the test mode and tried testing the zones, but nothing happens. What am I missing?

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 10:54am

What controller make/model?
Pictures would be helpful if you can, especially of what you call the 'pressure valve."

Meanwhile, look at anatomy of a system for a quick overview.

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 11:45am

picture

http://s1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj591/braylonbaby/

here is a link with some pictures i took...

the second picture is in the basement. i know that red valve has to be turned 90 degrees to turn the water on...

the first one shows that valve i was talking about. says something like pressure breaker or something.

the one shows my panel . it is a rain bird

Wednesday, August 1st 2012, 1:24pm

That is a pressure vacuum breaker. Both valves on it are turned off. Did you turn them on when you tested the system?

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 1:30am

yes. i had all of the valves in the on position when i tried.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 8:16am

I can't see the pictures but...

Go to the valves and turn them on manually. Then you will know you have the water on.

If all fails, hire a pro to check the system and show you how to work it.

If you live where it freezes you will need them to winterize.

Thursday, August 2nd 2012, 10:39am

The screws on the pvb were a little off...I had to rotate them about 20 degrees. Functioning now. Thanks

Rate this thread