You are not logged in.

KeithHope

Starting Member

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 11:18am

Weird problem with my sprinkler system. Please help.

I have a 6 zone system Hunter system. 5 of the zones work just fine. However, one zone is gving me problems. When I turn on the main water valve (the computer is off) the sprinklers pop up and will not stop unless I turn off the main water valve. This happened when I turned on the system for the first time after winter. After a while the soloniod burnt out and the zone stopped working as well. When I replaced the soloniod it started up again and won't stop unless the main water valve is turned off. It does not matter that the Hunter computer is turned off or on. I replaced the whole valve and still no change.When the computer is turned on the bad soloniod is in place other zones work fine. Any suggestions?

mrfixit

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 12:58pm

This post is totally confusing.

Thursday, August 9th 2012, 2:43pm

He called in.
Five zones.
One solenoid always gets power (zone 5) even if the controller is turned off.
Zone won't shut down without killing feed on main line.
One solenoid finally burnt out from constant voltage. He replaced.

Told him to start at controller.
First unplug. This makes sure no power coming from other source, like lighting wire or new electrical, shorting across control wire.
When this verifies no other power source plug back in and disconnect all zone wires, test voltage at each terminal. Also check zone 5 when zone 1 or 2 is on. If any power coming out of zone 5 terminal when zone 1 is supposed to be active then bad controller.

Rate this thread