You are not logged in.

erikS

Friday, August 17th 2012, 9:07pm

System not working now

First, sorry if I don't give enough information. The previous owner of thie house is the one who installed it and I only just moved in. The system is an Orbit but I'm not sure of the model number. The system has been working fine up until today. The control box has power but whenever I turn the dial to auto, push the manual button and then the enter button to turn the system on, nothing happens. Neither the sprinklers or the misters will pop up. I don't hear water running anywhere so I don't think they're stuck.

I checked the fuse in the control box and it's fine. The wires running to the control box are snug so I don't think they're loose. I've used the system for the last two days without a problem. Any ideas?

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 12:34am

maybe someone turned off a ball/gate valve somewhere..have you tried to turn them on manually[from the sprinkler valves]? if they turn on manually and since you know how to turn it on automatically i would think a bad connection at the valves

mrfixit

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 10:20am

Are you sure the outlet for the controller is working?

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, August 18th 2012, 5:16pm

Also Check the rain Sensor.

And has it rained?
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

erikS

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 7:55pm

Thanks for all the advice so far. Sorry for not responding, the system randomly started working after I posted last time I posted. It seems to be sporadically not wanting to work (case in point, it's not working again).

@hi.todd - The rain sensor is set to "off" on the control box. It had rained when I posted it, but it hasn't rained this time.

@mrfixit - Yes, I am certain the outlet is working. Anything I plug into it works perfectly.

@Double_kyan - This is where my complete and utter incompetence comes in. Are the sprinkler valves on each sprinkler? Or are they somewhere else?

Again, thanks for helping out someone who has absolutely no idea what he's doing. :S

jacksonjtb128

Sunday, September 9th 2012, 11:51pm

Possible problems

There are (2) things that come to mind when a system is working intermittently.
First-Even though the wires seem snug, they might be loose inside the connectors or at the solenoids, or corroded. Since all of the zones are giving you trouble I would check the common wire connection.
Second-It could be a problem with the controller. If it is a dial type, that might be the problem. Or one of the buttons might be faulty.

The sprinkler valves might be in a box in the ground or they might be above ground, it depends on what area of the country you live in.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, September 10th 2012, 10:00am

Thanks for responding back.

Even though the sensor is set to bypass, if the sensor was not connected to the timer, but instead the field wires. The sensor Bypass switch will not work or bypass your rain sensor. You can tell by opening up the controller and look to see if there are any cables connected to the sensor post. Or do you have wire nuts in the compartment of the controller.

Check it out.

Dan
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Rate this thread