You are not logged in.

trboggan

Starting Member

Monday, September 17th 2012, 8:17pm

Anti Siphon Caps Missing

I'm glad I found this forum. One quick and odd question:

In the past month or two the cap on my anti siphon valve came off twice. The first time I couldn't find the parts and replaced the whole thing. The second time it happened I found the cap and parts on the ground near the valve.

Anyone have problems or heard of the cap coming unscrewed and falling off? Or has someone been removing the cap from the valve?

If it helps, the problem is with a Lawn Genie 3/4" manual anti siphon valve.

Thanks in advance.

mrfixit

Monday, September 17th 2012, 10:38pm

I had that happen recently on a brand new valve.
It was an Irritrol 2711 APR.
I believe the cap's the same as the one on your valve.
I'm not exactly sure why it was happening.
The threads were a little messed up but very hard to see. I think from the initial time the cap blew off.
It could have been from too much pressure and not enough flow. They only have three sprinklers on that line.
After the 2nd time it blew off I just gave them a new valve. I haven't heard from them in a couple months so the new identical valve did the trick.
I turned the flow control down which helped.
When you use your valve don't turn it on all the way. Just enough to run the sprinklers.
It might need replacing.
--
No they don't just unscrew and fall off.

emc2867

Unregistered

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 1:08am

My caps pop off, 4th time in 8 months...what is happening?

I'm glad I found this forum. One quick and odd question:

In the past month or two the cap on my anti siphon valve came off twice. The first time I couldn't find the parts and replaced the whole thing. The second time it happened I found the cap and parts on the ground near the valve.

Anyone have problems or heard of the cap coming unscrewed and falling off? Or has someone been removing the cap from the valve?

If it helps, the problem is with a Lawn Genie 3/4" manual anti siphon valve.

Thanks in advance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 23rd 2014, 6:25am

there is now available a repair kit for that valve that includes a new cap, along with a new poppet and cover seal, so maybe they know there's an issue with some of those caps

Rate this thread