You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 30th 2012, 9:21pm

Hearing water running under driveway...

I just realized today that I can hear water running/gushing underneath my driveway. The main sprinkler line runs from the shut-off at the street to the sprinkler system underneath this part of the driveway. I was not running any of the zones at this time and when I shut off the water the noise stopped. My biggest fear is that the driveway is going to need to be busted up in order to repair this if there is a break. I just want to know my options before calling a professional. Thanks in advance for any help/advise!

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, October 1st 2012, 9:35am

If it's an asphalt driveway, it may not support its own weight, if the soil erodes away beneath it. There are professionals in the art of underground boring, apart from the lawn sprinkler trade, so you don't have to break up the driveway in any event. If you dig up both ends of the under-driveway pipe, you may find it is large enough to use as a sleeve to slide through another pipe.

Rate this thread