You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, October 6th 2012, 8:14pm

Superior Contols 600 valve replacement

Working on a 9 zone 1" system, and at least two of the valves need to be rebuilt. When I was doing a Google search on them, after finally identifying them, I found a thread on here recommending not repairing them, but replacing them. The system is 11 years old. 6 of the zones weren't working because of wiring corrosion. I got the wiring resolved, but have flow issues in two zones. No leaks that I can locate, and backing off the solenoid screw makes them work better. Loosening the 4 of the six screws on top while the water is still turned on also pressurizes the system and activates the pop-ups.

So my question to the experts here is rebuild or replace? If replace, with what? Should I replace all 9?
The system is in So Cal.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 7th 2012, 10:38am

If you are talking about a converter/adapter assembly that fits into a brass valve body, you'd be best off replacing the entire converter. The original plastic valve converter was made by Richdel, and that company was bought out and now the converters are made by Toro, and sold in retail outlets as Lawn Genie, or at pro supply houses as Irritrol. You can find a Lawn Genie L1010 converter at most big box stores.

Sunday, October 7th 2012, 4:38pm

Yes, it is a converter/adapter. This was a new system, so not sure why the went that route. Which model is the Irritrol? 300? Should I replace all of them now?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 7th 2012, 8:23pm

the Irritrol model number would be 2623DPR-1 for the 1-inch adapter (the model 300 is another company's design, that Toro acquired at the same time they got the Richdel designs)

Rate this thread