You are not logged in.

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 3:44pm

Residential Fertigation

I just joined & was hoping someone out there could provide me with information on how to determine the products needed to install a fertigation system into an existing irrigation system. I live in Oklahoma and there are no companies anywhere close that support this type of fertilizing
I know I can purchased equipment from different sites, but have no idea what to purchase and then how to install. I have almost 4 acres to take care of and I was wondering if this would be a cheaper method than paying a yard maintenance company to fertilize and spray for tics and fleas (both a bad problem here because of the deer)
. I would be grateful for any information or sources. So far, I haven't found anything that could help me online.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 6th 2013, 5:41pm

The first step is to evaluate the existing sprinkler system, and answer the essential question - What manner of backflow protection does it have?

Saturday, March 9th 2013, 10:11am

residential fertigation

I have no clue but the system was installed professionally. I will have back flow problems addressed before installing any fertilization system.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 9th 2013, 3:40pm

You must have backflow protection (an RPZ assembly) that is proof against toxic backpressure, which is the highest form of protection you can own. It's also the most expensive, and it sometimes cannot be added to an existing system without ruining its performance, on account of it takes away more water pressure than anything else. Systems can be reworked to make up for the diminished supply, but it all gets expensive after awhile.