You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bilo

Starting Member

Thursday, April 11th 2013, 11:44am

Lawn Sprinkler System Problem. I need advice please.

Hello:
I have a problem with my old Century Pump Motor (the label says Jet Pump Duty, part 8-151998-21, 1.5 HP, 3450 RPM). It is located in a 12' deep well and has a 2" suction pipe and 2" discharge pipe. When I turn it on it seems like it runs for 30 seconds (at least makes some running noise), no water comes out and then it dies. When I loosen the nut on the inlet line for the priming, some water come out so I guess there is water in the system. It is all rusted and corroded and I think it needs to be replaced. I looked online and found two models that seem to fit: Wayne WLS150 and Flotec FP5172 but they both have a 1-1/2" outlet. Would it be OK to put a 2" to 1-1/2" adaptor to the pipe? Am I going to loose or gain anything? Are those pumps ok or do I need something different? Any other advice or warning during installation? I am also concerned on how I will take the old pump off. The metal pipes are so corroded that I may not be able to unscrew the nut. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ?(
Thanks

Rate this thread