You are not logged in.

ally007

Friday, April 26th 2013, 8:16pm

Hunter X-Core controller seems to working but no sprinkers are

My controller should have watered the garden last night, but it didn't. When I attempted to water the zones manually, the controller appears to be working, but none of the zones are watering. It has been watering without any issues up until last night. Any suggestions?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, April 26th 2013, 8:41pm

Is there a rain detector in the system? Any digging outside near the system wiring? Confirm that the water is still turned on.

ally007

Friday, April 26th 2013, 10:09pm

Thanks for your suggestions. The water is on and no, there is no rain detector in the system. I did some digging last week, but it was still working after that.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, April 27th 2013, 7:45am

the control valves can be manually operated by means of a lever or bleed screw, to confirm they still function mechanically - once that is confirmed, you would check the system wiring to see if it electrically sound, by way of resistance testing with a multimeter.

ally007

Monday, April 29th 2013, 5:34am

I don't know much about solenoids. There is an on/off control and a screw-type button with a "+" , so the + one was what I assumed was the control valve and that didn't work.
Is that a correct assumption?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, April 29th 2013, 7:24am

If you loosened the screw and no water escaped, with the valve opening, then your supply has been shut off, or maybe you have a master valve, and manually opening a zone valve downstream of it won't do anything.

Rate this thread