You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

SLCmonster

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 4:33pm

minifold pressure issues

I have a sprinkler station that is causing me some problems all of the sudden, when it comes on the pressure is low and we have plenty of pressure and volume to the line for the heads we are using on the other 2 stations in this manifold. The troubled station has had a new valve, all heads clear of debris, just yesturday I dug up the whole line looking for cracks, leaks, etc.. didnt find any but replaced the whole line with a 1 inch line just to be safe and still the same issues on pressure the other other 2 stations work fine this one does not. any ideas?

thanks

mrfixit

Tuesday, May 7th 2013, 6:51pm

Count how many sprinklers are on the lines that work. Count a full circle as 1 sprinkler. Count a half spray as 1/2 a sprinkler.
How many are on the lines that work compaired to the line that doesn't work?
---
Is the flow control open all the way on the valve?
---
Try turning the valve on with the bleeder screw and take note if they spray better or not.
---
What kind of sprinklers are installed with what nozzles?

SLCmonster

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 2:47pm

sprinklers

MP2000 Rotator 13-21' Radius Rotary Nozzle
3764 PROS-04 HUNTER 4" POP-UPs

there is a 1in line feeding 12 180deg spray 9 south of a T 3 north of it

new valve has been replaced twice, I had some old TORO ones but they are working fine on the other stations. The bleeder works the same as the control box switching it on.

SLCmonster

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 2:49pm

sprinklers

the ones above the T are at a slightly higher elevation running about 30 feet total and the curve running south of the T is about 110feet

SLCmonster

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 3:19pm

layout

SLCmonster

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 3:20pm

this is a rough drawing

SLCmonster

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 3:22pm

[/img] trying anyways

SLCmonster

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 3:23pm

last picture try

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 5:19pm

Is this on city water? Are there any trees located so that their roots might cause a blockage?

Scott76

Wednesday, May 8th 2013, 8:51pm

Buy 12 hunter pro sprays with PRS and install the same nozzles on the new heads. The MP's are just like rotors and will flow much more than their charted flow if the extra pressure is there. I'm 99% sure hunter says to install them on PRS heads.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Scott76" (May 8th 2013, 8:57pm)