You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

trooper1954

Starting Member

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 11:08am

Impulse sprinkler heads not rotating

Hi everyone,
Brand new here and have a question. I recently bought 3 Gilmour sprinklers model 167SMB. When I hooked them up to my hoses, the sprinklers would not rotate and impulse. I figured the orifices were too large and therefore not enough pressure was being created to make them work, so I downsized all the nozzles to 3/32 and tried again....same problem.
My supply hose is 3/4", and the system is running on a 1hp jet pump with a 20-40 pressure switch. Anyone any ideas as to what my problem is?
Any and all advice appreciated....thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 11:56am

Try a higher pressure switch setting. Unless each sprinkler is fed from it own exclusive hose, there will be great pressure loss between pump and sprinkler.

Also, a tiny nozzle doesn't improve operation of a brass impact head. Go back to the original nozzles.

Rate this thread