You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tmk7328

Unregistered

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 11:28am

what nozzle size for new sod

What nozzle size should i use for new sod i am using rain bird 3500 series and 5000 series any recommendations?

Friday, June 28th 2013, 6:31am

Depends on weather or not they are 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, or full circles. 2.0gpm would work, and you would have to adjust watering time

seansy59

Advanced Member

Sunday, June 30th 2013, 9:27am

Generally, they give "default" nozzle sizes. Example would be 2gpm for 1/4 circ. 3gpm for 1/2 circ. and so on.

But most of the time, it depends on your pressure and flow. So choose the best nozzle for the application. Less pressure/flow? Then use a 2gpm nozzle minimum in each head with a longer run time. A lot of pressure and flow? Use 3-5 gpm nozzles in each head with short run time.But beware of runoff with high flow nozzles, and winds affecting smaller flow nozzles. Try not to go lower than 2gpm for each head so the wind doesn't affect it much. Try to break up your zones before going smaller...
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Rate this thread