You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 6:54pm

Meltdown: 1 Sprinkler gushing; Valve box flooded; 1 Zone stays on; Box does not turn system off

Hi, I inherited my sprinkler system two years ago when we bought our house. I used the system once last year and it worked fine. This year I noticed water gushing around one sprinkler. Research told me it was not a broken sprinkler, but something more. Today I ran the system fully through all 6 zones. When zone 3 came on, zone 2 would not shut off. It stayed on to the end while all the zones finished. I have a very old Hydro-Rain box controlling the system. The system would not turn off when I used the off switch. I have three valves in the control box in ground. Not sure which one controls which zones. Took the middle one apart and cleaned it. Tightened screws very tightly. SOS. help....What the hell is going on?

Thanks,
Dave ;(

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 7:49pm

Hydro-Rain is old stuff. You might be seeing the end of its service life, and should seriously consider new valves, if the old ones are Hydro-Rain brand.

Monday, July 8th 2013, 2:10pm

Hydro-Rain is old stuff. You might be seeing the end of its service life, and should seriously consider new valves, if the old ones are Hydro-Rain brand.
I was told by a local irrigation store by me that I need to replace my valves and get a new control box.

Rate this thread