You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

don53

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 8:11am

Hunter Pro-C water days issue?

On my hunter Pro-c I have it set to water on tues, thurs, sat and sun. the rain drop shows on those days but the rain drop with the circle around it does not show on the non-water days. i am running on program A with a cycle at 5AM and 9PM. is this a problem?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 8:34am

Read your instruction manual. Not a problem.

don53

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 10:05am

Hunter Pro-C water day issue?

Thanks for the reply. I have read and re-read the manual, and watched the online videos and they all indicate that the non water days will have the drop with circle above them.
Thanks Again.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 8:35pm

You are missing the part that specific non-watering days are programmed by choosing them to be non-watering by direct keyboard commands.

The point of the non-watering programming option is to never water on specific days of the week, allowing, for instance, odd/even day watering, but never water on a Monday, with the display showing Monday as a circled drop.

mrfixit

Wednesday, July 17th 2013, 9:32pm

Look at page 18 of the manual.

Selecting Specific Days of the Week to Water
1. Press the button to activate a particular day of the week to water
(the display always starts with Monday). Press the button to
cancel watering for that day. After pressing a button the display automatically
advances to the next day. A icon indicates a water day.

>>>>>>A blank space indicates a no water day. <<<<<<<<

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 12:06pm

....and of course, a day not selected as a watering day, is a different thing than a day selected as a non-watering day....

:D

mrfixit

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 12:40pm

....and of course, a day not selected as a watering day, is a different thing than a day selected as a non-watering day....

haha! That's Hunter for ya.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, July 18th 2013, 1:21pm

haha! That's Hunter for ya.
It wasn't Hunter, or any major mfr who introduced the "excluded day" option. I received a mailing one winter about a new brand of controller, that had this feature. "Who on earth needs that?" I thought. And of course the following year had some towns going to a Never Water on Monday scheduling philosophy, which combined with odd-even scheduling to end the useful life of all those old motorized controllers and their 14-day calendar wheels.

Rate this thread