You are not logged in.

mikemd

Thursday, August 1st 2013, 1:53pm

Maximum length of 1" poly pipe run for zone

I want to make another zone and the run is on the far side of the house down the driveway. I would say it will be 200' before the first head and then approx 150' down the driveway with the rest of the heads. Is there a max length I will be exceeding in doing this due to lose of pressure. The farthest zone I have currently is a run of 150' and then approx 150'

where the heads are. I have good pressure on this zone. I am off a well with a high velocity pump. Thanks

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 7:46pm

depends on how much water youre trying to pass through it. Figure out the gpm of the zone and check back when you have that info.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 4th 2013, 10:53pm

What are the flow rates of the existing zones? Once you have that number, you can try it on a pressure loss table. With well water, however, you can lose the ability to undersize a distant zone, because of pump and pressure switch concerns. You would likely pick a pipe size from the pressure loss chart that would lose only a fraction of 1 psi per hundred feet. That would eliminate any worries about the distant zone not having enough pressure, or its not being compatible with the existing pump control settings.

Rate this thread