You are not logged in.

drreimer

Unregistered

Sunday, June 15th 2014, 4:03pm

entire system

Pertinant issues:
1. Sprinklers leak (one area has all 3 sprinklers squirting water, not leaking...this area valve sounds like it isn't shutting completely off). In all other areas, most of the sprinklers leak after shut off.
2. Shutting off the controller (Toro TMC 212) does not stop the leak/flow; turning off the main on/off valve is the only way to stop the flow
3. Controller (computer) was replaced last year and worked well. This year I have had to reset the controller to default and start over several times. This has helped some scheduling problems.
4. Four (out of 5) of the areas have brand new irritrol valves (replaced this month) and most areas have brand new sprinkler heads.
5. This is California and our wells are marginally adequate. Much grit in the water and I have about 20' left in the well until having to lower the pump for the last time before drilling a new well
6. I am at 'wits end' trying to make this system function properly

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, June 16th 2014, 5:45am

The well water needs to be cleaned up with a 100 mesh strainer before you allow it to get into the sprinkler system. Even if it means more work for you cleaning strainer screens, you take on the extra work in order to have a functioning system.

Rate this thread