You are not logged in.

hossmartin

Monday, March 22nd 2004, 10:54am

Connecting Sprinler Heads

I am designing the sprinkler system for my yard and I am almost done. This may seem like a dumb question but I'm not sure what fittings to use to connect the funny pipe to the sprinkler head (Rainbird 5000+) and the water line (1" poly pipe).
So far everything I have read in the forum gives great reviews on the Tom King Blazing Saddle Tees so I planned on using them. My problem is where the water line terminates. I know I need elbows there but I didn't see 1" to funny pipe elbows, at least not on the sprinklerwarehouse website.
When connecting the sprinkler head to the funny pipe, do I use the 3/4 (mpt) x Swing Pipe Spiral Barb Elbow? The Rainbird website says the connection is 3/4" (20/27) NPT female bottom threaded inlet. What is the difference between mpt and npt?

Thanks

Todd.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, March 22nd 2004, 1:36pm

NPT: Abbreviation for National Pipe Tapered Threads Standard
MPT: Abbreviation for male pipe threads.

I dont believe Blazing Makes and end fitting. You need to cap the end with a barbed end cap . Then attach the standard blazing saddle a few inches from the end

mrwettech

Advanced Member

Monday, March 22nd 2004, 3:00pm

You can also use poly to swing couplers or a poly 90 with the 1/2" female thread outlet on the ends of your runs. Just pull short of the end heads. That works pretty good.

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, March 23rd 2004, 6:28am

You want this.
SBE-075
Rain Bird
3/4 (mpt) x Swing Pipe Spiral Barb Elbow
It can be found a sprinkler warehouse under fittings then under swing pipe fittings.
Thanks,

Pete

hossmartin

Tuesday, March 23rd 2004, 3:01pm

Thanks a lot for the help!

Rate this thread