You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Thursday, March 25th 2004, 12:02pm

Got my order from sprinklerwarehouse, need help...

I received my order in excellent time, but the only thing I have a question on is the blazing saddles i thought i ordered. Basically, i thought that they would have came with 1/2" female threading to accept the risers that I bought. These saddles instead have a little nipple (1/4"??) that looks to attach funny pipe or something similar. Can I get some fittings from the plumbing store in order to fit the riser to the actual blazing saddle connection (these are cut-off risers by the way)?? Returning them is not much of an option, so I need to retrofit them to the risers somehow. Any help appreciated. Also, does anyone know if the blazing saddles should be able to tap into sched. 40 PVC? Thanks a million

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Friday, March 26th 2004, 2:29am

Anyone??

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mugentuner</i>
<br />I received my order in excellent time, but the only thing I have a question on is the blazing saddles i thought i ordered. Basically, i thought that they would have came with 1/2" female threading to accept the risers that I bought. These saddles instead have a little nipple (1/4"??) that looks to attach funny pipe or something similar. Can I get some fittings from the plumbing store in order to fit the riser to the actual blazing saddle connection (these are cut-off risers by the way)?? Returning them is not much of an option, so I need to retrofit them to the risers somehow. Any help appreciated. Also, does anyone know if the blazing saddles should be able to tap into sched. 40 PVC? Thanks a million
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Friday, March 26th 2004, 1:18pm

They have blazing saddles specifically for PVC. You can get the original with a riser female thread. You got the "new" funny pipe version

SamIV

Saturday, March 27th 2004, 12:35am

The Blazing Saddle fitting for PVC will not pierce schedule 40 pipe. Will work on class 200 PVC though. If you are set on using schedule 40, you will need to get a glue on fittings or saddles.

SamIV

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, March 29th 2004, 8:16am

Just get somwe funny pipe and funny pipe 3/4" mpt fittings for rotors and 1/2" funny pipe mpt for sprays.
Thanks,

Pete

mugentuner

Advanced Member

Friday, April 2nd 2004, 8:48am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by drpete3</i>
<br />Just get somwe funny pipe and funny pipe 3/4" mpt fittings for rotors and 1/2" funny pipe mpt for sprays.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

How strong and reliable is class 200 pipe compared to sched. 40? I've had experience with sched. 40 in past small projects but would like to know the durability and reliability of class 200 before putting it down. Let me know, thanks.

waterpilot

Thursday, May 6th 2004, 11:39am

Same question... I could have gone with schedule 40 for the same price as 200 and went with 200 because of the flexibility and adaptation to most systems. I still wonder how much I gave up in durability going with 200. Any ideas?

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Thursday, May 6th 2004, 3:58pm

I prefer schedule 40 if it will be under constant pressure. class 200 for laterals. Schedule 40 is a thicker wall

Rate this thread