You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

CMK

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 2nd 2013, 10:08am

Odd noise, then zone runs for a few seconds

I need some help, and my irrigation company hasn't been able to figure this out. I get an odd "bloop" sound near the backflow valve, from the pump I assume, then a sprinkler zone will pop up for a couple seconds. Which zone pops up varies, but it happens with some more than others. The problem repeats itself until I shut off the water supply to the system. This happens when the irrigation controller (Hunter-C) is either off, or on but with nothing programmed to happen at that time. I've recorded a YouTube video of the sound here: http://youtu.be/eVn2DCwKSeA The noise occurs about 23 seconds into the video.

Thanks

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Oct 2nd 2013, 11:32am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 3rd 2013, 10:22am

Some more detail on the system plumbing would help. Some backflow preventers are intended to be under 24/7 water pressure, and not to be unpressurized when the sprinklers aren't operating.

Rate this thread