You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

waketige25

Saturday, March 27th 2004, 9:45am

Trenching in very rocky soil

I have a very large yard, approx. 13,000 sq/ft. I went out and got bids to hire a professional to put in my system. First bid was 4400 dollars, which included about 6 zones, and partly due to the rocky soil. The question I have is, if I was to do the work my self with a Ditch Witch, about how big of rocks will it kick out, and would it be worth my time to do it myself? Rock size all the way from quarter size up to about cantalope size, with some bigger rocks in the yard, mostly river rock.

And also are there any good web sites of companies that help you design your yard?

Thanks, Dylan

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 1st 2004, 4:15pm

I think if you have that many rocks in your yard it would be wise to leave the job to a professional......

Rate this thread