You are not logged in.

sprinklerdummy

Sunday, April 11th 2004, 1:41pm

Stays on only 1 of 4 zones

Today, I noticed that only one of four zones appears to be working. I tried to manually turn the system on and off to get it to skip from zone to zone. Each time i turned it on, it repeatedly activated the same zone. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

BSME

Advanced Member

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 3:01pm

You may be lacking replies because we're lacking information. Do you know if you have a master valve? When you go to each zone does only that same zone come on or does both that one zone and then the zone it should be on come on causing a decrease in pressure? If you could answer either of these it'd be a starting point.

sprinklerdummy

Wednesday, April 14th 2004, 1:34pm

I don't know if I have a master valve...thus the name "sprinkler dummy." Each zone that I dial to turns on that same one zone. The pressure appears normal.

BSME

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 15th 2004, 5:13am

When you don't have any zones on does that same zone turn off? Is this the first time you've had them on this season? What kind of timer is it?

sprinklerdummy

Thursday, April 15th 2004, 2:50pm

First of all...thank you so much for taking the time to help me! I have an Intermatic (Type 3R...whatever that means) timer. When I don't have any zones on the working one is off as well.

BSME

Advanced Member

Thursday, April 15th 2004, 3:37pm

http://www.intermatic.com/images/instruction_sheets/158ts11253.pdf

I dont know if you have that manual... but my guess so far is that you aren't leaving a space between the pins so that it can switch zones... if that link doesnt work let me know and I'll explain better... if you do get the link but knew how to use the timer perfectly and still are stuck let me know and we'll continue problem solving... but it's probably just the way that timer is hard to use

sprinklerdummy

Friday, April 16th 2004, 2:38am

There is a space between the pins...but only one space. I'm in South Florida and these sprinklers run year round. They were working well with that one space between them. I'll try spacing them further apart, but I don't think that this will resolve it. Thanks!!

Rate this thread