You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HansMan

Monday, April 12th 2004, 9:14am

Help with first design

****o:

I first want to thank these talk forums and everyone on them. You have all been extremely helpful with great information during my research into sprinkler systems.

Having said that, I do have a few questions that I would love your feedback on before I install my first system next month:

1. How should I place my heads when I have trees in the middle of the lawn?
2. How do you place heads when you have a curved garden wall?
3. Should I use sprays or rotors for a 27' x 50' lawn area a curved end?

Here is a link to a site with my sprinkler system design using Visio 2003.

http://intranet.thinknet.com/personal/hleusch/My%20Pages/Sprinkler%20system.aspx

(you will need to log in though. Username: tnw2kdomain\suser password: sprinkler)

Thanks in advance for you help!!

HansMan

RVLI

Supreme Member

Tuesday, April 13th 2004, 5:20pm

I can't get the logon to work????

HansMan

Wednesday, April 14th 2004, 9:18am

The information I supplied is correct and does work for me. (at several locations on several computers)

It may be that you have a personal firewall that is causing the problem. (i.e. Norton Security) Try disabling it first, and then try the link. Once finished, don't forget to re-enable your firewall.

I have no other place to share documents/pictures with you all. Does this forum have the ability? Is there somewhere else where I can post pictures for all of you to see?

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Hans

RVLI

Supreme Member

Wednesday, April 14th 2004, 2:08pm

You can post images on here. Copy the link where the pictures are by right clicking properties on the picture, copy the address that you see, when take it over here and paste it in between [img] [/img]

rain man

Monday, April 19th 2004, 4:33pm

My 2 cents...do not compromise your head locations due to trees other than to make sure your pipe layout does not impose on the established root system. Last thing you want to do is kill your tree. Good rule of thumb, don't trench within the width of the tree canopy. Otherwise, design for double overlap spray coverage and work around it.
Place heads around curved walls just as you would straight, following the pattern of the wall at a double overlap distance based on your through radius. Make sure to turn heads all the way clockwise and install with spray pointing right and parallel to the wall and adjust arc from there based on your curve after installation. Won't be perfect but will work fine.
Use rotors on 27'x50'. You will have a throw of 27 feet..too much for sprayers.

Rate this thread