You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Packrat

Starting Member

Sunday, April 18th 2004, 1:47pm

Water in the Meter pit & main valve tube

Just turned my system on yesterday. A friend was helping so don't know for sure, but when the main valve to the sprinkler system was turned on, there was just small amount of mud in tube. When I got involved, I remember looking down and able to see the "X" on top of the valve

Looks like the main valve hole is 4" plastic pipe that goes into the ground near the meter pit. We use a "u" ended tool to reach down and turn on the water.

We got everything working ok, replace 3 or 4 heads, and then noticed that there was water in the valve tube. Checked 4 hours latter and still water. It looks like "still" water, and doesn't rise out of the tube. Checked the meter pit and it has water too. There too, don't know or remeber if there was water in the meter pit.

Also, this system has 3 zones, and we can only find one round valve box, that has three small "relays"? and looks like a valve further down in the box. Can't see any other square boxes for valve control, blow-out, etc.

Is this normal, or do I have a leak? If this system has auto drain valves, does that account for no other boxes, and if so, does that eliminate the need for blowing out for winter?

Thanks,

jerry
jerry

Rate this thread