You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

m7317

Monday, April 26th 2004, 6:02pm

Manual Drain or Blow Out?!?

I am designing a system for my yard and need to know some more details about the goods and bads of manual drain vs. blow out systems. Basicly, the front yard will be very flat, and the back yard will have good downward slope. Any information about designing and installing both systems would help a great deal. Thanks.

Tom

Supreme Member

Thursday, April 29th 2004, 11:52am

I set up systems to be blown out.

Drains?........I dislike them..........lets see.....
1. costly to install
2. just another place for a leak to develop
3. they will drain after every cycle
4. by draining they introduce air which MAY contribute to water hammer

m7317

Tuesday, May 4th 2004, 3:55pm

That is the way i will probably go, just for the fact that all the water in the lines drains everytime the zone is shut off. What would be the best type of blow-out port to install, a pvc tee with a threaded end, or would you do something like a copper hose bib after the PVB?!? Thanks.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Wednesday, May 5th 2004, 8:46am

Install a brass T and plug up the front end for blow out in Fall. A hose bib is the most common but it is only legal if you install a hose bib vacume breaker

Rate this thread