You are not logged in.

Saturday, May 1st 2004, 4:36pm

valve problem?

I have a 6 zone Toro watering system. At startup all worked fine except one zone. When I turned on the water at the valve the heads in that zone activate and stay on until I close the valve. Is this an adjustment or is it something else?
Moved into a home over the winter with a 6 zone Toro sprinkler system. All works fine except one zone. When I open the valve the heads in that zone acitivate and I can only shut them off by closing the valve. It's not the controller. Is this a valve adjustment problem or is it more? please help.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Saturday, May 1st 2004, 6:25pm

Its a Toro problem

Sunday, May 2nd 2004, 11:09am

Any suggestions for solution to the Toro problem?
Moved into a home over the winter with a 6 zone Toro sprinkler system. All works fine except one zone. When I open the valve the heads in that zone acitivate and I can only shut them off by closing the valve. It's not the controller. Is this a valve adjustment problem or is it more? please help.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Sunday, May 2nd 2004, 1:22pm

Depends how old they really are. Many residential older valves out in the field are no longer available which means no parts. Check with a local Toro dealer and see what they say.

If they recommend just replacing all your valves. DO yourself a favor and go with Hunter or Rainbird

Sunday, May 2nd 2004, 2:59pm

The poblem valve is newer, a Toro 53709. Is it possible the celenoid (sp) is bad? It just screws onto the top of the valve and the wiring is simple.

aquamatic

Advanced Member

Monday, May 3rd 2004, 1:50am

Swap out the solenoid with another valve and check it that way

Rate this thread