You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ejzajac

Sunday, September 19th 2004, 7:47am

Rotors Multiple size zones

I'm interested in opinions on Hunter vs. RB on rotors for different sized applications?
1. Short range 15-20 ft RB 3500 vs H PGJ
2. Mid range 20-35 ft RB 3500 vs H PGJ or H PGP
3. Longer range 30-45 ft RB 5000 plus vs H 1-20
I'm willing to mix and match for the best application.
I heard of some technical problems with Hunter PGJ. Has this been resolved to a level to be confident.

jpeter

Monday, September 20th 2004, 4:19am

I put in RB, the only thing that i am not happy with is the 3500. Once you get them set they are alright but getting them set is suddenly becoming a bigger pain. I guess I can't give much of an opinion on which is the best because i have never used Hunter heads. I will say that the 5000 is a great head and have never had any problems with it.

TMC2004

Monday, September 20th 2004, 3:47pm

The hunte I-20 will meet those needs has nozzles for all occasions

ejzajac

Tuesday, September 21st 2004, 11:26am

Is the spray pattern of the Hunter I 20s distorted on short ranges using the low angle nozzles?

TMC2004

Tuesday, September 21st 2004, 3:10pm

Problem with those is the gpm is so low the wind will blow the spray all over i try not to use anything lower than 2.5 gpm unless its a quarter spray check out this link for more info http://www.irrigationtutorials.com/sprinkler15.htm

Rate this thread