You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jnaus1

Starting Member

Wednesday, September 22nd 2004, 12:31pm

My dog ripped out my wiring....

My dog ripped out my wiring and I can not find all of my control valves. There was two sets of cables that my dog ripped out...one she just ripped out of the programmer and the wiring was still in the ground and attached to the control valves that I was able to identify...the other cable I think was in conduit because there is a piece of 1/2 inch pvc coming out of the ground near where the cable entered the garage and she was able to rip out all 30ft of cable. I've looked all over for any control valve boxes and I have only found the one that I mentioned above. Is there a better way to find the control valve then starting at the pvc and ripping out concrete and grass until I find it. Any help will be appreciated.
thanks

Wednesday, September 22nd 2004, 1:06pm

jnaus1,
You may want to try a fish tape (stiff metal wire on a wind up reel)electricians use them usually can borrow one. Anyway you would push this in till it stops, push it back and forth and have someone else walk around and listen for probably a tapping sound which would be a burried vault that your valves are in. If this works you would use this fish tape to pull the controller wire back in that conduit.

Rate this thread