You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Attention: The last reply to this post was 4424 days ago. The thread may already be out of date. Please consider creating a new thread.

Message information
Automatically converts internet addresses into links by adding [url] and [/url] around them.
Smiley code in your message such as :) is automatically displayed as image.
You can use BBCode to format your message, if this option is enabled.
Security measure

Please enter the letters that are shown in the picture below (without spaces, and upper or lower case can be used).

The last 10 posts

Friday, March 16th 2012, 8:14am

by Wet_Boots

For a sure thing, you need the following two items - a one-inch valve that can retrofit the existing valve (and it has a flow control, which can be very useful) and a controller

The reason you were asked about your valve maybe being an anti-syphon valve is that such a valve would provide backflow protection that you probably do not have. In other words, it would make better sense to stop and look at your property (location, please) and applicable plumbing codes, and do the thing right.

Friday, March 16th 2012, 7:09am

by Jonas_

I have a nelson valve like this one:
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Signature-Sprinkler-Irrigation-Valve-Actuator-p/8012.htm

Does the dig corp one touch programmable sprinkler timer fits in my valve ?

What solution of controller, solenoid and wire can fit in my valve ?

Thanks for the replies. Cheers.

PS

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 8:56pm

by mrfixit

You wont find anything less expensive than this. These are fairly reliable.
www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100171237/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=DIG%20valve&storeId=10051
--
I'm not sure why i'm assuming you have anti syphon valves. If not ignore this post.

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 3:43pm

by Wet_Boots

Point is, for the price of the Solorain, you can buy controller, solenoid, and wire, and have money left over.

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 12:23pm

by Jonas_

I can put a wired system. No problems with that. I only don't want to switch the valve, only the actuator.

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 7:50am

by Wet_Boots

Strictly for the money, a battery-operated valve costs more than a conventional wired setup, if a way exists to have it wired.

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 4:32am

by Jonas_

Is the hunter node-100 compatible with my nelson valve ? I don't want to replace the valve. Is there any other less expensive solution for my problem ?

Cheers.

PS

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 2:22pm

by GatorGuy

Hunter makes a battery operated controller/solenoid that may work. Look HERE .

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 12:10pm

by Jonas_

When i said repair, i meant replace the solenoid inside of the nelson solorain or something like that. But i can't find a way to open it.
I don't have another solenoid to test so if i'll buy another one i have to be sure that it will work on it.
The dig actuator is on the same price range of the nelson/signature one's. Isn't any other less expensive solution ?

Cheers and thanks for the quick reply.

You can't repair a solo rain. Maybe the valve the solo rain is screwed into needs repair. You could screw in a regular solenoid and attach two 9 volt batteries to it and see if it works.
I don't have tons of experience with battery operated valves but I do have some. I've had good luck with the DIG product. The battery operated valve adapter/actuator. I have 6 of them installed on a property for about 8 years now. Only 1 has gone bad. You can find them at the Home Depot or an Irrigation supply house. I didn't see one on the SprinkerWarehouse site.

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 11:14am

by mrfixit

You can't repair a solo rain. Maybe the valve the solo rain is screwed into needs repair. You could screw in a regular solenoid and attach two 9 volt batteries to it and see if it works.
I don't have tons of experience with battery operated valves but I do have some. I've had good luck with the DIG product. The battery operated valve adapter/actuator. I have 6 of them installed on a property for about 8 years now. Only 1 has gone bad. You can find them at the Home Depot or an Irrigation supply house. I didn't see one on the SprinkerWarehouse site.