You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 7:45am

pump relay what do you guys use?

I need a pump realy to start my pump(lake source) does anyone have a recommendation other than this? http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/PSR-22-Pump-Start-Relay-p/psr-22.htm

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:07am

I roll my own, so to speak, and no complaints, but I don't have as good an enclosure as the Hunter.

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 9:10am

please tell me how you do it.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 3:01pm

please tell me how you do it.
These are common electrical components, and anyone can buy them. But you must buy them in quantity in order to get a good price. On a one-at-a-time basis, you go with something like Hunter's.

Friday, September 5th 2008, 9:15am

are you just using a relay that one would use for a circulating pump on a boiler system?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 5th 2008, 8:34pm

are you just using a relay that one would use for a circulating pump on a boiler system?
Heck no! Power relays will have horsepower ratings. What Hunter uses will have their HP numbers on the relay itself, most likely.

Rate this thread