You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Luke1

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 12:25pm

Tapping into Water Main Questions

Hello,

I need help on how to tap into my water main that is in my basement for a new sprinkler system install. I have 1" PEX that I can tap from. Should I use 1" PEX then switch to 1" PVC right before the line goes outside? Also, where should my blow outs be for winterizing? Is it better to have the outside control valves buried? Thanks in advance for any advice you can give me!

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 2:15pm

Valves should be buried in valve boxes.

Blowout after the PVB if you use one generally. Or just a convenient place.

I think the pros like to use copper until it goes outside and then switch to pvc.

I tapped into pex in the basement. A few feet before it went outside I switched to pvc.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 24th 2012, 5:56pm

PVC is not recommended for inside a house. Copper would be the proper way to do it. Or, T off with pex and run that to the exterior wall and then convert to copper.

Ertyrock

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 24th 2012, 6:31pm

interesting read

I am not sure where you are located but this site has some interesting articles on the topic.....
http://harriswatermainandsewers.com/news/article/what-is-a-water-line-tap-connection-wet-tap-connection-main-water-line-conn

Rate this thread