You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tiocareca

Monday, August 28th 2006, 11:37am

rpz versus pvb???

****o...I don't know the difference between rpz /pvb/ (abc/123 joke) etc...Can someone explain what the differences are and what price range should I be looking at for each...what is the best brand/model number too. I will be installing with a well..i have plenty of H2O...15 gallons/mn...Ihave read some are pressure...vacumn..all so confusing

RainMan

Monday, August 28th 2006, 3:31pm

Why do you need one?
Sorry I have a question and not answers???

RainMan

tiocareca

Monday, August 28th 2006, 4:56pm

I was told I need one. Why? I don't know...it does make sense to prevent any intrusion of the water supply and they aren't that expensive. Now my question is which kind.

Tiocareca

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 29th 2006, 12:18am

tiocareca

Tuesday, August 29th 2006, 4:09am

Thank you very much for your help. I decided on the RPZ. Seems to be the best for a couple of bucks more.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 29th 2006, 6:46am

If you can locate the preventer at least a foot higher than any of the sprinkler system, then a PVB is customary, unless you're considering fertilizer injection. Without the elevation advantage, the RPZ is the device to cover all contingencies.

Rate this thread