You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

donaldm823

Saturday, September 2nd 2006, 12:50pm

Hunter Remote and Wirelsss Sensor-A GREAT CHOICE

Just installed a Hunter Pro-C with a SRR remote and a Wireless rain sensor. My controller is in a concrete walled basement and my house is aluminum siding/brick. I do have a basement window near the controller.

Both the wireless rain sensor and the SRR remote work as advertised-at least 400 ft, despite the basement location and concrete walls. I think the trick was installing the receivers and their antennae near the basement window. The SRR remote even worked in the front yard, where as the basment window and controller are on the backyard side of the house

I feared the setup may not work based on various threads in this forum. They worked for me and the SRR hookup was using the wires supplied with the controller (I did not need the shielded hookup wires-an option).

I am very happy with the Hunter hookup-it replaced an Irritrol Rain Dial-1992 version!!. The programming was very similar to the Rain Dial and very easy. I highly recommend Hunter

mrfixit

Friday, September 8th 2006, 8:30pm

I'll second the motion on the Hunter remote. I have three myself. All given to me as demos. Very simple to install the reciever. Red white and blue wires in that order. I also think the Hunter Pro spray sprinkler is right on Rainbirds heels with their 1800 series. The body is actually stronger on the Pro spray. Only time will tell how long the sprinkler seal will last in the sunlight. I've noticed the 1800's start to go bad after about 10 years. My preference at this time is the Pro spray. But both are a high quality plastic pop up. I do however still use the Rainbird spray nozzles in most instances. Toro does have a nice side strip I like to use. Hunter has the corner nozzles. Those are life savers at times. I could go on for a while here. The forum's been slow the past couple days so I'm asking if anybody has any personal favorites of any sprinkler product they'ld like to recommend?
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Fredy

Starting Member

Thursday, December 7th 2006, 2:05pm

Hi,

I am new on this forum and I must say I find the postings very interesting. All of you guys seem to be experienced installers.I'm sure I will learn a lot from you.

As for the sprinklers. I used to install the Hunter PGP as my prefered pop up. Now I prefer the Rain Bird 5000 because I find it easier to regulate and with a more reliable performance. I must say my experience is not long enough with this sprinkler to see its performance for long periods, but up to now I like better the Rainbird 5000 than the Hunter PGP. In harsh conditions the PGP seem to get stucked.
The author is an irrigation engineer dedicated to design and installation of garden irrigation systems

Friday, February 27th 2009, 12:14pm

i have even seen

The remote work 1000 feet in an open field on an outside controller. These things have some range.

www.irrigationsolutions.com

Rate this thread