You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

bobJ

Starting Member

Monday, April 30th 2007, 6:40am

Optima UCR-1

I've bought three of these, over the years and they work fine, with a reach of over 40 feet except.....
How do you adjust the coverage to a 360' sweep. The vague directions are dismal, as to the effect, of what it says to do. "Pull the vandal ring down" and turn the head... So what...it doesn't make it do what I want.
Are there any explicit directions online or has anyone here, experienced these?
thanks

peterdholden

Starting Member

Monday, September 15th 2008, 2:46pm

Optima URC1 adjustments

I have an Optima URC1 with no directions. Does anyone know how to adjust it?

PDH

mrfixit

Tuesday, September 16th 2008, 11:21am

Sprinkler adjustment

I believe arc of this sprinkler adjusts the same as your UCR-1.

http://www.rainbird.com/pdf/diy/man_R50.pdf

It's fairly easy. You need to adjust the sprinkler while the water is running. Turn on the sprinklers. Take that plastic ring off. Push down on the top and turn it all the way to the right. Put the ring back on. You should be in business.

takeeley

Unregistered

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 5:25pm

Optima UCR-1 adjustment

There is an adjustable white basket at the bottom of the inner workings. There is a reference mark on the basket, and on the white body just above the basket are corresponding stops. These stops are marked as bars with 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4, and 6 bars. Do these control speed or gallons per minute? I have some new heads installed along with some old ones. All of the old ones sweep pretty slowly. Some ot the new ones sweep more normally, toward the slow speed, and some are super fast, swinging a 90 degree arc in just a couple of seconds.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, August 11th 2011, 6:35pm

The basket settings are supposed to match the nozzle, in order to get the speeds correct.

Rate this thread