You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

elandau

Starting Member

Saturday, May 3rd 2008, 11:55am

need to make 2 circuits our of 1. is this possible?

I need to add sprinklers to a lawn which is only supplied by a ¾” pipe and I cannot lay down another one. I’m looking for a timer/splitter I can put in series with my pipe which will detect that water is flowing and give 5 minutes to 1 pipe and 5 minutes to the other. Basically I’m trying to make 2 circuits out of 1. The problem is that if I put a standard timer, it’ll have to be totally in-sync with the main timer. Battery operation is desired but not required.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Thanks

-Ed

IH8NYyanks

Saturday, May 3rd 2008, 12:57pm

RE: need to make 2 circuits our of 1. is this possible?

I need to add sprinklers to a lawn which is only supplied by a ¾” pipe and I cannot lay down another one. I’m looking for a timer/splitter I can put in series with my pipe which will detect that water is flowing and give 5 minutes to 1 pipe and 5 minutes to the other. Basically I’m trying to make 2 circuits out of 1. The problem is that if I put a standard timer, it’ll have to be totally in-sync with the main timer. Battery operation is desired but not required.

Thanks

-Ed
I am working under the assumption that you currently have one 24v electrically controlled valve that is run by a controller. If this is the case take a look at this http://www.transitionalsystems.com/doubler.htm. This product has been out for many years and is quite reliable.

mrfixit

Saturday, May 3rd 2008, 1:48pm

Same thing basically

Same idea different company in case you can't find a doubler. I've installed the add-a-zone. It's been in two years and so far no complaints.

http://www.rkassociates.com/rcoparts/monthly.htm
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

jimmyburg1

Friday, May 16th 2008, 11:07am

Thanks

-Ed

the hunter pro-c can handle two valves at once. thats what i do for hydrozones for beds

duwaprod

Starting Member

Sunday, June 29th 2008, 11:46am

Hi Ed,

Adding a new valve (or valves) is the best way to do what you want to do. That way the irrigation controller can handle all the timing requirements of the added zones. Assuming you have one functional valve running at the location where you want to add zones you can use one of our Irrigander irrigation expanders to add additional valves using just the field wiring already in place. This will simplify the installation. Visit our website at www.irrigander.com for more information.

--Don
See the complete family of Irrigander irrigation expanders at www.irrigander.com